myJGw 发表于 2018-6-24 23:49:55 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群

2018-06-24

昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读314小时

1.今天阅读到的有价值的全文内容链接:

Transformation— Momentum and Mindset

https://www.pmi.org/learning/training-development/projectified-podcast

2.今天阅读到的有价值的内容段落摘录:

Kevin Murphy

I see a lot of people, who chase the latest buzz word. You know, for theirculture. To me the culture change that succeeds is actually theone that's riven by a transformation. Where you say, we actually needto create a different level of performance, in the future. Weneed to create a different way of operating, we need to create,you know, but there's a, there is a who we need to be aspiration andthen you say, but to get there, we would have to change how webehaved. So it's, the behaviour is not the driver, thebehaviour's a consequence of the business change, that you wantto take palce. They're the culture changes I've seen, succeed. And, and, and back to you h- how do you make thathappen, if that's uh, so different from where you are today, youknow, how do you make that, that happen. The first place the newculture emerges or is im-, applied, is actually on thetransformation project. You actually have to tran-, you actually haveto create your future, create the transformation, with themindset and culture and attitude of the future, not the mindset,culture and attitude of today.

We actually made it present in a number of thingsthat they, they do. A very simple one was, uh, from that dayforward, they ended every meeting, by giving themselves feedback. Soat the end of every meeting they had as a group, they sharedwith one another, did we live up to and what could we do betterand how do we make the next meeting better. We also paired them uparound the table, and they met, once a week with a peer to give oneanother feedback, or just share with one another what they were,and were doing. So, we made it very well. Then the big step, which took a, a, few weeks to get to, each of them got theirteam together. And shared the behaviour that they were workingon, with their team. And they invited their team to give themfeedback on what they were doing and what was happening. And in avery short time, they and now their dir-, direct reports wereall behaving more from the future perspective than the current.

We're talking about the leadership team of anelectric utility. Um, very traditional, in attitudes andmindset and process, this was very new and very different, forthem. But, again, remember it was anchored in remember that future weall said, not just that we want to achieve, but that we have toachieve. This is necessary to get us there. So, you know, n-,n-, it's not that there weren't times, when people faltered, whenpeople got frustrated, when people thought it was a game andthey didn't want to, continue with it, but you know, we wouldtake them back to, okay, which of, what part of that future thatyou described are you okay with giving up? Because, if we don'tmake this behavioural change, here, here are the elements ofthat, that are no longer possible. If we're all okay with that,then we can agree.

In each of the companies that I have describedand, and, and work with, there has been a leader, who is, youknow, behind and riving,  the success. And, and at the endof the day, yo-, you know you, you turn to that person, andkind of look for their support, look for, you know, they've gota personally model, and what it is you're trying to achieve.

Everybody can be a Change Agent. Um, the rolesthat Project Managers sometimes play, in organisations, area little too narrow. Transformational change is big and complex, it'salso dynamic and shifting ans changing and it's very personaland there's the knowing when to keep focused on the target andknowing when is the right pl-, time to, get a move and,and, and, and, address something. Different. It, it, requiresa lot of it's kind of discipline and flexibility at the sametime. Um, I can't think of the rig-, the right comment,discipline, discipline ability, for flexiplin

The Project Manager who sees their role, aspart of the big picture, who is, kind of integral to what'shappening and, and, and frankly not just kinda, ticking theproject management boxes, is hugely valuable. Um, but it's,it's the environment and the opportunity um, to make, to makethat work. W-, we talked about again transformational changebeing big and the need to, to manage it and keep up with thechanges and the twists and turns. Um, w-, we implement somethingwe call a Results Delivery Office, you know which will sounda little bit like project management office, but, and, and, and, youknow the ideas are built on top of a, of, of many of the ideasfrom project management office, but, but, it's also differentand and one of the things is, you know, the highest level we seethree lanes and three disciplines, three focuses really, within a Results Delivery Office. And the three are value, deliveryand people. Um, value meaning, you know, are we creating the result,are we getting into the 12% are we paying attention to understandingyou know, the levers that we need to pull to create the #result, that, that needs to happen and is all that stayingfocused over the, the long term. Um, delivery, uh, meaning you know,are we keeping the trains running on time? Are we you knowachieving the, the result in the time frame that we wanted,but, also are we, are we helping people with the, the process andhow they go about making the change? We see the delivery role asbeing a Coach to um, to teams and, and, and you know, gettingthem the right tools, to make, to, to create the result.And then the, the three stream being people. Um, and ultimatelyit's back to our culture conversation. You know, organisationsdon't change, people do and you know how do we ensure that,that behavioural capability, organisational structure, etc, is all inplace to ensure, that we have you know, people who can and willsupport, the solutions that we're putting in place. And youknow I think of those three, value, delivery and, and, and, uh peopleand project management skills being you know present in allthree, but mostly in the delivery. Um, you know band. But Ithink of those three and it's, it's like if there isn't sometensionbetween them, we aren't thinking of the trade offs, Icould do this faster, but it doesn't get people, you know, onboard in the right way, or it may have an impl-, impact on thevalue that we're, generating. Um, if there isn't frequentdebate, and even sometimes, raised voices, between thosethree, you know, you actually don't have a functioning resourcedelivery from an office. Uh, you've people who are you know,doing the job, not, you know achieving the, the, the result.And that's my guidance for the, the project management professionalis, put yourself in the bigger picture. Don't see your rolenarrowly,  be a part of you know, what's happening and youknow, challenge and support your peers, don't just uh, speak up,whenthe Gantt chart you know, comes out, you know, get, get involvedin all of the dialogues and be part of the, the full solution.

So firstly uh, I'm wholly in agreement with you,there is always resistance. And when, when managers orleaders tell me that they're not seeing resistance, I say, you'reabsolutely right you're not see it. Um, because the, the onlyres-, re-, resistance that you can't address, is that which youcan't see. Um, you know the uh, o-, one of the thingsabout transformational change, is that it challenges manypeople's, you know, basic assumptions and experience. Um, the,and that particularly applies to resistance. Um, I tell leadersthat, when you hear resistance, when you first hear resistance,you know, go back to your office, close your door and quietlycelebrate. Because, resistance is the first sing that peopleare taking you seriously. Um until you experience resistance,people have been nodding their heads and saying, this'll goaway, it always does. Um, they don't put the energy into resist,until they believe it's going to happen.

3.今天阅读的自我思考点评感想

I.The challenge is to keep that momentum going.

II.Solution:having a system of those interactions. Theunderstanding that this wasn't a one off event, we're actuallychanging the way we work together.

III.Key points: Create, more opportunities and more experience. Therelationship between transformational change and culturalchange.

1)You can't invent the new culture by living the old one. culture'severything to do with behavior.

2)If you set out to make a purely cultural shift, you are going tofail. Because, culture is not the hardest thing to change.

3)The first level is changing what you do. The next level and in kindof order of magnitude harder, is changing how people think. Thethird level of change is, changing who you are, that's the culturalchange.

4)The first place the new culture emerges or applied, is actually onthe transformation project. You actually have to create your future,create the transformation, with the mindset and culture and attitudeof the future, not the mindset, culture and attitude of today.

5)How to achieve: a very simple step was feedback----giving youselffeedback, feedback from peers, feedback from your team.

6)Transformational change is big and complex, dynamic and shifting anschanging and personal. It requires discipline and flexibility at thesame time.

7)Put yourself in the bigger picture. Don't see your rolenarrowly.

8)There is always resistance. One of the things about transformationalchange is that it challenges many people's basic assumptionsand experience.

9)About how to deal with the resistance:

Manyleaders don't understand that, they're reaction to resistancecan often be all wrong. So, if you haven't thought, taught themthere's always resistance and, and it's a good thing when you see it,when they do get resistance, the push back is this too much, toofast, we can't do it, is it right? They then have a tendency to takea step back. And by take a step back I mean begin to questionthemselves. Maybe we are going too fast, maybe we should slowsomething down, and of course, if they do it, they just teachpeople that resistance works. Oh good, it's worked, let's resistsome more, cause it's working. Whereas, if you understand thatresistance is inevitable and it's a good sign, when youencounter resistance, you're reaction is actually to step in andto resistance and not step back. Of course, you would always startwith empathy, because empathy is so important, um, in these,these environments, so I understand that, you know, you thinkwe're moving fast, um, I'm glad you're raising it, I'm glad it, youknow, we can talk about it, but hold on, I want to remind youwhy we're doing this. Let me, let's go back to the case forchange and, and why we absolutely have to do this. And, and thenyou're actually getting people to kind of recommit and doubledown, instead of kind of stepping back from, um, huge, hugeshift. If you can make, make it happen.

10)The power inside:

It'sfinding the confidence to do it. You know or to do it again, or to doit in these new circumstances. My guidance advice is to try. Find theright situation, find the leader that you think is the rightperson, and might be open. You'll find that it is more welcomed,more than you needed and anticipate.

11)The first step you should take:

To leave your office. To get up, to walk around, to spend more time withthe people who are playing different roles on the project. Instead of90% of your time in front of the screen and 10% in meetings, maybe10% in meetings, 10% in front of the screen and 80% out, lookingat what's happening, experiencing understanding. I mean we often aremarking up things on you know, charts and we don'tactually understand what people are doing or what it takes.

已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 60 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 60   查看全部评分

使用道具

tsangwm 发表于 2018-6-25 01:01:25 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读1小时,累积阅读203小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

总评分: 论坛币 + 10   查看全部评分

使用道具

vistro 在职认证  发表于 2018-6-25 03:09:20 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读5小时,累计阅读160小时。
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

军旗飞扬 发表于 2018-6-25 04:31:12 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨天阅读3小时,累计阅读1272小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

jsy6541 发表于 2018-6-25 05:55:36 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨天阅读5小时,累计阅读810小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

sq2008 发表于 2018-6-25 06:12:58 来自手机 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读1小时,累积阅读161小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

ws3161912 发表于 2018-6-25 06:33:37 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读1小时,累计阅读212小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

lijunjie555 发表于 2018-6-25 06:38:34 |只看作者 |坛友微信交流群
昨日阅读7小时,累积阅读422小时
已有 1 人评分论坛币 收起 理由
充实每一天 + 10 精彩帖子

使用道具

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 我要注册

本版微信群
加好友,备注jr
拉您进交流群

京ICP备16021002-2号 京B2-20170662号 京公网安备 11010802022788号 论坛法律顾问:王进律师 知识产权保护声明   免责及隐私声明

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 08:59